6 Reasons Why You Should Build A House On Your Next Mission Trip
Our mission at Dwellings is to build homes and change lives. A new home is the first step in providing a prosperous future for a family. When you give towards the gift of a new home for a family, you're doing more than providing a house. A house represents so much more. Here are 6 reasons why we believe you should build a house on your next mission trip:
1. Providing a home helps to keep families together. Having inadequate shelter results in stress that can lead to separation of families as individuals are forced to look for work in other cities. Inadequate shelter can also cause parents to decide they cannot care for their children which could lead to institutionalization of the children, children being sent to live with friends or family members creating separation of parents and children, or outright abandonment. A home keeps a family together, and allows a family to care for itself.
2. Providing a home promotes health and education. Having a clean floor and shelter that protects a family from the elements dramatically increases their health. Kids are more likely to attend school when they aren't sick, and with a solid foundation they aren't as sick as often. A home helps children get education that could break the cycle of poverty.
3. Providing a home promotes dignity. Having to live in inadequate housing is demeaning and dehumanizing and chips away at a persons self-image. Providing a home becomes an avenue that allows a family to care for itself and will instill pride and dignity.
4. Providing a home helps to avert trafficking. Human trafficking, in many parts of the world, is a migration problem. When people are separated from their community because of their need for work and housing, they are vulnerable to traffickers. A home allows a family to stay intact.
5. Providing a home battles extreme poverty. Shelter is a basic need and lack of it creates stress. When someone receives a home, a basic need is cared for that allows them to put their energies and resources toward activities that will further provide for their family. This allows them to plan and dream for a hopeful future. A home is a stepping stone.
6. Providing a home strengthens communities. A home can be the stepping stone that allows individuals to provide for themselves and their families, and this in turn creates a thriving community.
YOU can be a part of making a family's dream of a new home come true. Give towards the gift of MORE than just a home. Remember, your financial contributions are tax deductible. This is a great way to share faith and hope and we can't do it without you. ARE YOU READY TO BUILD A HOME FOR A FAMILY IN NEED? Click here to contact our build coordinator for more information.